Chesapeake Public Schools offers several online courses using the Desire2Learn Online platform. The Desire2Learn system provides students an alternative way to complete courses. Exposure to this technology will prepare our students for the future. Students will take the courses from home via the Internet. Students are responsible for providing reliable computer and Internet access. Students taking online courses should possess excellent time management skills, computer skills and be motivated to succeed. Online courses will require students to work independently.
To sign up:
• Students must have reliable computer and Internet access at home.
• Students must complete the application.
• Students must complete all necessary course prerequisites.
• Students must successfully complete the online orientation.
• Students and parents must attend the face-to-face meeting.
• Students must take the course as part of their normal course load.
2012-2013 academic school year
• Algebra 1
• Economics & Personal Finance
• English 12
• Honors Earth Science
• Honors English 9
• US & VA Government
*Future course offerings will be posted as they become available. Students should see their Guidance Counselors for more information.